Welcome to the 2023 competition platform
The public vote is open!
As every year, the public can vote for their favourite REGIOSTARS finalists. The public vote is open until 14 November.
The most voted finalist project will receive the “Public Choice Award” at the REGIOSTARS ceremony.
You can find the finalists selected by the REGIOSTARS jury below. Before voting, get to know the finalist projects by reading the short descriptions and checking out the videos.
In order to vote, please click “vote now”.
What are the next steps? There are three dates to be marked on the calendar:
- 11 October, with the final round of project pitches happening during the EU Regions’ Week
- 14 November, with the closing of the online public vote here on the competition platform.
- 16 November, with REGIOSTARS ceremony and announcement of winners happening in Ostrava, Czech Republic
We would like to thank once more for all the applicants, and congratulate the finalists.
REGIOSTARS are the yearly competition organised by the European Commission’s Directorate General Regional and Urban Policies since 2008. Over the years it has become the Europe’s label of excellence for EU-funded projects, which demonstrate the impact and inclusiveness of regional development. 2023 is the year of renewal and re-launch of the competition.
From this year the REGIOSTARS are awarded to projects in six thematic categories:
• Category 1) A COMPETITIVE AND SMART EUROPE
• Category 2) A GREEN EUROPE
• Category 3) A CONNECTED EUROPE
• Category 4) A SOCIAL AND INCLUSIVE EUROPE
• Category 5) A EUROPE CLOSER TO THE CITIZENS
• Category 6) TOPIC OF THE YEAR (European Year of Skills 2023)
By putting forward solutions to common challenges and tapping into the biggest opportunities, the REGIOSTARS have inspired regions to deliver evermore-impactful EU regional policy.